SMOKED TROUT MOUSSE
2 X 200g cans smoked trout mousse, drained and finely baked
300ml Béchamel sauce
60ml X 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
10ml x 2 tablespoons gelatin
1 egg white, stiffly beaten
Salt and pepper
Watercress or parsley
1. Combine the fish with the Béchamel sauce and mix thoroughly. Add the mayonnaise and season well.
2. Sponge the gelatin in 3 tablespoons of cold water, dissolve hot water and add to the fish mixture
3. Cool until the mixture begins to thicken, fold in the whipped cream and stiffly beaten egg white.
4. Adjust seasoning and turn into a lightly oiled cake pan, 150-170 mm in diameter, or a mould with a 1-litre capacity.
5. Chill until set, turn onto a flat platter and coat with extra mayonnaise.Garnish with sliced cucumber and bouquets of watercress or parsley.